Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Couple of or Distinct Lack of Periods

Do I usually announce my time of the month? I do not feel like looking back at previous posts to find out but I have a reason this time. It gives me a comparison for same-sex marriage and the bigots that try to stop it.

Several birth control pills, patches, and rings give women the ability to have only four periods a year. Most women seem to love this idea but not me. Despite all the symptoms and mess, I like being reminded that I am a healthy and sexually mature female. That my body can create life and is always ready to do so. Not to mention it gives me a physical reason to take a day off, eat junk, and get major cuddles from Mikey. Getting my period every three months does not seem natural to me although studies have shown it is completely safe. It is just not something I am into. Yet I am not going to stop others from doing so. I am not going to try to make those forms of birth control illegal and look down on women who want less periods. It does not affect me in the slightest and it is not hurting anyone.

I personally do not have a lot of homosexual friends who want to get married but I know the joy of marriage. It is not just about civil rights and privileges. Marriage makes everything official. You have committed your lives to each other before God or a judge, your friends, family, and that crazy uncle you did not want to invite but your mother made you (luckily I don't think I had one of those). it is the big day and every day after that when no one can judge your relationship. There is no easy break up, there is the nightmare of divorce. Whether you agree with it or not, it does not affect anyone except the couple. Let them be happy together like everyone deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment