Monday, October 12, 2015

Poor Pitties

My mother-in-law once again introduced me to an addicting show; The Incredible Dr. Pol, a Dutch veterinarian who works with all types of animals. It is on Nat Geo Wild so the episodes I watch here are trimmed and much smaller. As long as I can hear it and see most of it, I do not mind. I like to listen to it while I work.. Lots of animals die on the show. It does not bother me too much. Most of the animals are old and go relatively fast. However, there was one young pitbull (younger than Khaleesi) that they discover has lymphoma. They elected to have her not wake up from surgery.

She was a beautiful girl with bad luck and I cried my eyes out. Seeing a young pittie lose his life hits home since no one wants to adopt them or they end up in bad homes who want to make them mean. They have such a bad stigma, certain residences do not allow them, and some animal control groups just kill them outright if they are found. Cops have been known to bust into houses and take pits (or dogs they think are pits) to be killed. Before watching that episode, I heard more people connect aggression with pitbulls more than usual.

So, the death of a pit that is not old is heartbreaking to me. I had to hold Khaleesi for awhile and pet her. Khaleesi knew Mommy did not feel well and gave me lots of kisses. She is such a good girl The Comcast guy came today and was scared of her. She barked and howled in our room while the guy worked. Poor girl just wanted to say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment