Monday, September 14, 2015

A Weekend of Surprises

My friend Sam had two extra tickets to Six Flags so we went yesterday. We had not been to an amusement park in over seven years. Our honeymoon was the last time. Mikey made us a half hour late, ran a stop sign, and nearly got us into a major accident. I was livid at him when we arrived. I told the parking attendants and Sam what he did. They had a good laugh and we were soon having the time of our lives on The Mind Eraser and ROAR. I have had pictures of those two rollercoasters as the wallpaper on the laptop and my desktop to motivate me to work hard. We got to ride everything we wanted although the line for Batwing was not really worth it. It is not one of my favorites. Unfortunately, a cold front came in and we were not able to go to the waterpark.

They had two new rollercoasters that I had never ridden. The Ragin' Cajun made me dizzy. At first, you do not spin around but by the middle of the ride, you are flying through spins. If I had eaten before that one, I think I would have gotten sick. Apocalypse is a standup twister. I do not think it was as good as Shockwave but better than Mantis. I rode it three times because I could. The third time it bumped me around more than usual. After one more go on the Mind Eraser I was ready to head back home. I felt hungover on the ride home but it was worth it. The entire time I was on a ride, I was going nuts because I felt ten years younger. I had no responsibilities, no stress, and no real rules.

We still plan to go to Kings Dominion next month for Fright Fest.



When we got home, Magdalene had a little surprise for us. It is an ootheca, an eggsac. I do not know if it is fertilized (I doubt it since we have had her at least a week) but it is still a cool thing to see. When she passes, I will take the ootheca outside where it will be safe and it can hatch in spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment