Saturday, August 29, 2015

Cat Stuck Up A Tree

A freak glimpse at Facebook on Monday morning informed me, via ARI, of a cat stuck in a tree less than a half mile away from my house. Witnesses claim that she had been up there for weeks. I spent an hour looking for her. The moment volunteers parked their car to help, I saw the cat. She was swaying and leaning against the tree but was not that far up.

The volunteers told me that the fire department laughed at them and hung up on them, so they called the news and tree companies to help them get the cat down. I did not see the news show up although they might have shown up once the cat was at Pet ER since there are a few news stories about it in smaller online newspapers. Tree Health Care, LLP was the first to show up and got the cat down. Another tree company showed up right when we were finishing up. I called a tree company as soon as I found out about the cat but he said "Nah, I'm afraid of cats! They bite and scratch!"

I am a Baltimore City Resident and the idea that they laughed at our rescue is appalling. I am going to complain when I get a chance (I have had so much to complain against this week). I doubt it will do anything so I will spread the word and ask other residents to complain. A volunteer fire fighter with access to a tall ladder could have gotten the cat down.

This cat is going back to her owners but I wish the rescue did not have to. If they left the cat up there for that long, they should not have a cat. But that is just my two cents.

That very night, we had a bad storm and a giant tree branch fell in our yard so I need a tree company! Already some publicity for them!

By the way, the cat is fine after major re-hydration and some nourishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment