Monday, November 17, 2014

Road to MAGfest 2015- November 17th, 2014

I have never done a cosplay with a wig before. To show you guys how inexperienced I am, I shall admit that I bought a Halloween wig at first. Ick. I knew it wouldn't work when I tried to brush it. So I spent money on a good wig from a recommended seller. It looks a lot more like the wig he wears. But Sarah, we don't want to ruin this thing and it is already getting tangled! How do we brush it out and take care of it? TO THE INTERNET!

 

... yeah, I was using the wrong brush. Luckily, Mikey was at the store at THAT moment and picked me up a three way pick.


image

So, I used two videos for advice on keeping my wig on my hair. This one:



And this one since I have short hair (I was not sure about getting the bobby pins to side onto the wig though).



Finally, I found a video that shows me how to braid my wig. I am thinking of keeping one side up and one side down so I can play with the down side and it will distinguish me from other characters.



I'll post what it looks like when I get it parted, braided, and fit onto my head properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment