Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Road to MAGfest 2015- November 19, 2014

My shoes are finally done! And they look terrible! So here is how I did them.

Bought normal shoes, about $5 at WalMart, the closest thing I could find that was not expensive.

image

I would have to paint the bottom and sides an orangish yellow hue. I tried nail polish which asphyxiated me for a few hours and ran out too fast. So I went with fabric paint which I had left from last Halloween. image

Mixed it on a paper plate, hoping to get the right color.

image

Tape up the shoes (I should have used painter's tape).

image

Coat of white.

image

1st coat. Other coats not pictured for some reason. Probably because I was too busy trying to keep them away from the animals to dry.

image

Finish off the sides with nail polish.

image

Peel off the tape (I needed a safety pin to cut the paint in parts).

image

A little olive oil to remove the sticky scuffs.

image

All done! They look cheaply made and badly modded. Perfect. They are kind of slippery on the carpet but seem fine on hardwood. Right now, I'm just hoping the fabric paint does not slide off while I am walking. More testing needed.


image
The scale says I have lost a pound. The weekend was full of good food though since I went to a baby shower, had dinner with my parents, and could not resist some coconut pudding from my inlaws. It was rainy and cold today so I had no time to do my cardio. I could do my weights... I could...


No comments:

Post a Comment