Tuesday, September 8, 2015

With Infinite Glee, It's Going to Be Me...

Where to start? Today was extremely productive but also exhausting. My engine is still running but sputtering. Laundry is in the washer and dryer and I am currently in a D&D session with Mikey, my brother, a friend, and his two friends (who I would consider friends too I guess. I'm bugger lonely). I am in a great mood though ready for bed. I took a die hard nap for 45 minutes before Mikey got home. 9pm is going to be my limit tonight so I can shower, make my list for tomorrow, and konk out.

I spent a lot of the day running errands and bringing Branch, the cat that was stuck up the tree, back to his owner. I put my finger in his carrier to calm him and he accidentally scratched me super hard. Poor baby was so scared traversing 2 highways but he is home safe. The owner has my email if Branch (whose real name is Danielle) gets out again. After that I ran to the bank to deposit the cash for MAGfest and a few other twenties I had, and then went to the store and bought some healthy food for the week. Cereal was the first thing I picked up. I missed the days where I could just down a bowl really quick for lunch or dinner and get back to work. Cereal also makes fantastic dessert with less of the guilt.

Biggest news that I cannot believe it took me two more days to type up: We captured a mantis! An adult female! I cannot get good pictures of her with my phone so here is a stock photo of what she looks like. Just add more of a pissed off look. I got plenty of video of her with Mikey's phone but snapping a quick photo with it is tedious for me. We were walking the dogs down the street. She was sitting on the fence and I nearly brushed up against her before I noticed. She startled me more than anything but my fear level was about a 5. She is more of an "icky creepy crawly" to me so the phobia might almost be gone. Her name is Magdalene since we found her on Sunday and she is a PRAYING mantis, get it? That and she is misunderstood and judged unfairly. I often see these poor guys squished on the sidewalk. She'll have a long and happy life with us as long as the cats and I do not pester her too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment