Sunday, September 27, 2015

This Game is Not a Game

I had a dream last night that election day was today and I only got about 200 votes because I did not have time to get my name out. It disappointed me but I told myself I would try again and get elected for another position like district representative, although I do not know if I would do best in that position. But my neighbor told me that one guy has ran for representative for over a decade and never made it, so that's disheartening. My talent is fixing the big problems with Baltimore. My community is relatively safe and tight-knit due to our diligence with keeping it so. We have community meetings and people who get stuff done when the need arises. We only have a few problems including the homeless guys at the corner of major streets and people coming into our neighborhood to cause trouble. I have to remember that this is mainly a social experiment and there is very little chance I will even make it past the primaries.

Keeping out of arguments that do not involve the city is hard. I unfriend people I cannot get along with on my Facebook. Yesterday I unfriended a guy who thought his military service allowed him to be an immature bigot (is there an equivalent word for jarhead but for being of the army?). Most of the stuff he said was controversial but nothing I felt a great desire to contest. He shared a post with a shirt that said "#AllLivesMatter except pedophiles, murderers, terrorists, etc. F*** those guys!" So, he was gone.

I cannot stop my friends from having friends who are ignorant and loud. There are a surprising amount of them in the comments of my most level headed and educated friends. Kudos to them for being able to put up with them voluntarily. Those kind of people trigger a lot of stress for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment