Monday, January 12, 2015

Cleaning House

There are less than two weeks before MAGfest. I have not lost any weight and I do not know how to feel about that. I kept up with work and my house is cleaner than it ever has been before, much to Khaleesi's approval.

We got a new washer and dryer as a gift and while the Home Depot guys brought it in and delivered it and while Mikey and his father installed everything, I swept up the downstairs, put Khaleesi's toys away, got on my hands and knees, and scrubbed the floor with a rag and a vinegar solution.

 A Swiffer was not going to get up the years worth of grime on our floor. I will go over it with the WetJet I have yet to open in time but for now it is clean.

The kitchen has stayed clean for a full week now too! That is what I have been working hard at, making it routine for me to put my dirty dishes in the dishwasher, unload the dishwasher, and wash my dishes when I dirty them, clean off the counters, and wipe up whatever messes I make.

These are things people learn when they are little but I had trouble learning. It has to be a habit for me to keep it up even when I am stressed. I try to feel proud of myself for doing it although it can be a hassle. I also try to remember to do it when I am downstairs like when I am letting the dogs out or making dinner.

The upstairs still needs a lot of work. The cats are still going in that closet and since we are not done cleaning it, the litterbox is on the floor and the dogs get into it. That has to become a priority, later. For now, I must think "green peppers".

No comments:

Post a Comment