Thursday, October 2, 2014

Road to MAGfest 2015- October 2, 2014

image

The dress and pipes for my costume came in yesterday. The dress fits okay but I am still adamant to lose weight. However, I am lacking on this front. Stress is getting the better of me again and food is really tempting. I need to distract myself again.
image
Today, I focused on making the bracelet. I am by no means a "crafty" person. My mom wants me to scrapbook with her but I am total derp when it comes to that sort of thing. People can tell which pages my mom did and which pages I sloshed together. But I did give it the old college try:
image
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaterials! Found at Walmart where I get all my crafty stuff. By that I mean MIKEY'S crafty stuff. I go in there to faff about the home decor and body jewelry sections and then pick up incense. Mischief got ahole of the lace and tried to carry it off. That's a bad Mischief.
image
I went for a pattern of five dark wood per off-white bead. It seemed to fit my wrist the best compared to his.
image
All the beads threaded long enough to cover most of my wrist. Working with the wooden beads is hard because they were not cut as well as other beads. I had to use a safety pin to grab the end of the suede and pull it through. At the end is the bead where both ends of the suede go. Wish me luck!
image
SUCCESS!
image
Now to thread a bead on the end and tie it off.
image NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
image
sok. I fix
. image
The Final product. I'm quite proud of it actually. I will just have to be careful putting it on and taking it off. Suede is kinda fragile!

No comments:

Post a Comment