Friday, October 17, 2014

Road to MAGfest 2015- October 17, 2014

Wow, I haven't written in a long time!

I have lost some weight so I am almost back to where I started. Part of that might be from the few days I could not eat anything because I got sick again. At least I know the cause now. I have Acid Reflux. I've had it for a long time but it never bothered me this bad. I would just get really terrible heartburn and down either Tums or some vinegar to break up the gas. Looks like it is time for me to actually watch what I eat or I will get sick. Salty, deep fried, cheesy, fatty, and sugary goodness is sometimes better than sex, but healthy food tastes even better compared to the sickly burps and farts my body produces, along with ultimately puking my guts out but not before spending hours begging my body to just let it pass through without making me sacrifice to the porcelain goddess and finally gaining the courage to start the ceremony. I would rather cover my nipples in paper cuts and soak them in lemon juice than blow chunks.

imageMaybe this will finally get me to eat properly. I did great yesterday and took Khaleesi for a walk with a little bit of running but not a lot.


I am bidding on the boots for my costume. The other ones I picked out did not match as well as I would have hoped. Luckily, someone snatched them up before I won the bid. I doubt the same thing will happen here because these have been re-listed several times, but it does not hurt to hope. I have kept these on my watch list for awhile because they are kind of expensive for a costume, but I keep thinking about them and coming back to them. It was time to make a choice.


While trying to get better screenshots for the costume (and general faffing about rewatching episodes because I am a total fangirl), I noticed that I nearly forgot the 3D glasses the Mereb gives to Yoshihiko so he can see Buddha! They are hidden in his robe so no one will really see them but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to costumes. And hey, having a pair of 3D glasses lying around would be useful as long as Khaleesi does not eat them. They were only $0.99 anyway. Unfortunately, they are not the brownish color in the show but I could not find those anywhere and it is too small of a detail for me to spend time looking. I have to after all work hard enough to be able to afford the costume.

image

I did find a robe that will work (in fact it looks quite similar!) but it was not in my size and if I can get it custom made (it is on Etsy), it might be pretty expensive. That is if she can make it in time. I might be willing to pay the extra just because i cannot find this robe anywhere. Try finding one that is close, I dare you. So here's also hoping that works out. That is the only part of the costume I am worried about. My hair is growing out nicely and should be ready by January.

No comments:

Post a Comment