Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pokémon Symphonic Evolutions

image




Mikey and I went to see the Pokémon Symphonic Evolutions concert in Philadelphia on Friday. It started out in DC and I believe it had such a huge turnout that they needed to plan another venue. I have played maybe an hour of Fire Red and seen 1 movie which I was dragged to. Here is Mikey's impression of the concert since this was his day:

"To this day I remember the first episode of the Pokémon anime, where it starts with a mockup of Pokémon Red's Game Boy opening, digital chiptune music and all, that transitions to full color animation and an orchestral rendition of the main theme. Since that day I've always wondered what it would be like to have a full orchestra perform music from the games, even as the games got better quality synthesized instruments throughout the generations. Symphonic Evolution is like the culmination of all those desires over the years; it was truly a night to remember."

One of the last songs they did was Gotta Catch'em All which is the only song I really know. I had to sing it when I was a freshman in high school and I absolutely hated it. Hearing the song now makes me cry.

In exactly one week, it will have been 10 years since I lost my best friend. She was the biggest Pokémon fan. You could give her a number between 1 and 151 and she would tell you which Pokémon that was. I wish she could have been there with us.

Next week in her honor, I will be writing a Pokémon fan fiction, or at least I will try my best with the limited knowledge I have. If my readers have any advice on what I should put in it, feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment