Tuesday, August 23, 2016

When The Leads Blow Wind

My mother in law has given me several books in the past year. I feel the urge to read them all but decided that if they are not very good, to read at much as I need to get the general idea and go on. Some of the material, book or otherwise, that my mother in law has introduced me to has been gold, and why not? It's about time I got into some "girly" reading! I am going to write down some kind of review of each book before giving it away of course. My audience needs to know!

When the Wind Blows by James Patterson

A Rocky Mountain vet and an FBI agent spot a little girl with wings who is part of an experiment from an illegal laboratory. The book had potential but it all fell apart in the middle. It turned into a pitiful romance that every "story for women" novelist writes and people sop it up. Sure, she's a physically strong woman but she's still weak in the presence of a male. Why is it when females lose their male significant other, they are immediately thirsty for another and write it off as loneliness and comfort sex? I mean to each his own but in my experience when you lose someone you cared about, you are hesitant to get into another relationship. You second guess yourself even when you want to move on. I would have loved to see what happens to the evil laboratory but I cannot stand the main characters enough. It probably ends happily, the villains either die or are arrested, both protagonists survive, and the children are freed, maybe even adopted by the new couple.

Ick, mushy (unrealistic) stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment